The web view of the LightClient
The web view allows platform-independent access to the database via browser. The goal is to provide the complete functional range of the client in its web view by constant extensions. The same applies to the functionality of the LightClient. The LightClient is not only available in the client but also in the web view.
Requirements for the LightClient in the web view
The web view is provided by the internal administration. The technical documentation for the information and the associated system requirements can be found in the following chapters:
Using the LightClient in the web view
After the successful installation/setup, log on to the WebClient.
It is important that the user name is in accordance with the variant stored by the administrator. There are two different alternatives:
- local user:* e.g. John Doe (user name doe)
- There are two choices here.
- 1. user name as for (e.g. doe)
- 2nd domain username+ (e.g. jupiter\doe)
Switching to the web view of the LightClient
As soon as the registration was successful, you are now either:
- directly in the LightClient web view, since the user is a LightClient user.
- in the WebClient. To switch from the WebClient to the LightClient web view, you should click on its profile name. There you will be given the option to switch to “*LightClient”.
The web view of the LightClient is in no way inferior to the LightClient. The same functions are available except for the favicon download (icon, symbol or logo used by web browsers to identify a website in a recognizable way).