- A copy of a record is to be created, but it should have different rights or use a different form.
- After a successful migration, individual data records are to be transferred from version 7 to version 8.
- Individual data records are to be transferred from one database to another.
An already complete data set is required.
Required user rights
- Can create new passwords
- Read rights on the data record
Procedure in Version 8
Select the desired record to be copied.
You can now select Copy Fields in the ribbon
As soon as this is selected, another window will open. Here you can define exactly which fields are to be copied. Basically all fields are already selected. You can also decide whether the field names should also be copied.
Attention: If a record is to be duplicated, this check mark must be set!
If a new record is now created, a message will appear stating that data has already been found in the clipboard. Here you can decide whether you want to transfer the data.
If the message is confirmed with Yes, the data is automatically filled with exact the same field name. If the field names are not the same, no data is entered here.
Now the remaining fields (if available) can be filled and the record can be saved. Afterwards the rights can be set.
Procedure with data from version 7
To transfer a few data records from version 7 to version 8 quickly and easily, the fields can also be copied here.
The following steps must be observed:
1. Select the data set to be transferred to version 8
2. Right-click on the data set and select Copy Field
3. Select the fields which are to be copied by multiselect and also set the hook at incl. description.
4. Confirm with Copy.
5. Switch to version 8 and add a new data set.
6. Now the same message appears again, that data was found in the clipboard and whether it should be entered.
7. After confirmation of the message, the registration will be made
8. Confirm with Save
9. Now the rights can also be defined