How is the licensing done?
Licensing in is based on a Strict Named User Model. Therefore, each user receives his or her own license. In addition, the connections from the client to the server are counted. The following general conditions apply:
- It does not matter to what extent Password Safe is used. Each user needs at least his own license.
- One user account can be created per license.
- If the user names are identical, a user account can also be used in several databases. Then only one license is needed.
- The sharing of user accounts is not permitted.
- The use of LightClient licenses are possible in the Enterprise Plus Edition.
- A license is also required for the exclusive use of SSO Agent.
- A maximum of as many simultaneous sessions as there are user licenses can be started on different PCs or terminals. Simultaneous use on different PCs or terminals requires one session each.
The license count depends on the active sessions. A user can use a maximum of 2 licenses on one computer. The FullClient and/or SSO Agent require one license each. The add-on in server mode runs via WebClient. The add-on in combination with the SSO agent uses the license of the FullClient. If different clients are used at the same time, two licenses may be required.
|Client type||Client type||Used licenses|
|FullClient||+||SSO Agent||=||1 License|
|FullClient||+||Add-on (SSO Agent)||=||1 License|
|WebClient||+||Add-on (Server Mode)||=||1 License|
|FullClient||+||Add-on (Server Mode)||=||2 Licenses|
If a user logs on to another computer, further sessions are established and additional licenses are used.
Modules from Version 7
In version 7, the licensing per computer could still be adapted using modules (module without client licensing). However, modules are no longer required in version 8: All licensing procedures are covered by the above license model.