What are user rights?
In the user rights, access to functionalities is configured. Amongst tother things, this category includes both the visibility of individual , as well as the use of the import, export or management of rights templates functions. A complete listing is directly visible in the user rights.
Administration of user rights
Managing all user rights exclusively at the level of the user would be a time intensive process and thus require a disproportionate amount of care and maintenance. In the same way as with the , an approach can be used in which several users are grouped together. Nevertheless, it must still be possible to additionally address the specific requirements of individual users. Some functionalities, on the other hand, should be available to all users. In order to do this, Password Safe offers a three-step concept.
When it comes to user rights, the focus is always on the user. The user can receive user rights in one of the following three ways:
- The global user right applies to all users of a database without exception. You can configure it in the client settings.
How a user receives a user right is irrelevant. The only important thing is that the user actually receives a required right in one of the three ways mentioned above. It is recommended that you link user rights to roles and, if necessary, supplement them with global user rights.
Configuring the security level
Searching within user rights
Special attention should be given to the right Is database administrator. This right has the following effects:
- The user can also issue rights that he does not possess himself.
- The user can only have their rights removed by other database administrators.
- The user can unlock other users on the AdminClient.
- The user can also remove other users from the rights if they have the owner right.