Explanation of the hotfix in version 8.10
Currently there is a critical bug in version 8.10 which could possibly lead to passwords being authorized incorrectly. By checking a wrong permission, users could select a different permission template. When saving the password, however, only the default rights template is used. This only applies to users for whom the (global) right “Can manage rights templates “ is deactivated.
Therefore we have published a hotfix after extensive testing. In order not to take any unnecessary risk, we ask users of version 8.10 to install the latest hotfix. You can download it via the update search in the software or the Customer Information System.
Who it concerns
This manual only concerns version 8.10. If your default rights template in this version contains more rights than the optionally selected one, you can use this guide to check whether rights have been set incorrectly. This filter outputs the passwords for which an incorrect rights template may have been selected.
Required user rights
- Can edit filters
- Read rights on the data record
Instructions for the administrator
1. Open Password Safe
2. Select the Passwords module
3. Open the filter view and click on “Edit filter”
4. Add the filter group “Logbook”
5. Close filter processing
6. Open the settings for the filter group Logbook usage by clicking on the gear wheel.
7. Please enter the date on which you updated or migrated to version 8.10 as the start date. If you do not know the date, please use 14.02.2020, the date of the official release.
Enter the present day as the end date. As a result, you will get a list of all passwords that are possibly affected by this error, so you can check them.