You are firstly required to read and accept the license terms. These can also be printed.
The next step is to define the location of the client. You can also define here whether additional components should be installed.
- Password Safe and Repository 8 installs the client
- Internet Explorer extension is required to automatically transfer access data to Internet Explorer
- SSO service for terminal server allows automatic sign-on in the terminal server mode
The actual installation starts in the next step.
The last step finishes the setup and opens the client.
There are always several applications installed.
This is the regular client.
The Offline Client allows access to the data without connection to server.
The SSO Agent is the link between the browser add-ons and the database. It allows automatic login without opening the Client and runs in the background.
Integrating a database
For connection to the database, the creation of a database profile is obligatory. The following information is required:
- Profile name: The name of the profile. This will be displayed on the client in the future
- IP address: The IP address of the Password Safe V8 server is stored here
- Database name: Specifies the name of the database
Distributing database profiles via the registry
Of course, there is also an option to distribute database profiles. The profiles are specified via a corresponding registry entry. At the next program start, they are transferred to Password Safe and saved within the configuration file. The following registry entry is created: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MATESO\Password Safe and Repository 8\DatabaseProfiles. A new key with the name of the database is created here. The key must have the following entries:
HostIP: Server IP address
DatabaseName: Name of the database
LastUserName: The field for the user name can be specified here