How does licensing work?
Licensing in Password Safe is always carried out based on the number of users. The named user model means that every user receives their own licence accordingly. In addition, the connections from the client to the server are counted. The following basic conditions apply:
- The extent to which Password Safe is used is irrelevant. Every user requires their own licence.
- One user account can be created per license.
- If the user names are identical, a user account can also be used in several databases. Only one license is required.
- Sharing of user accounts is not allowed.
- The use of LightClient is possible in the Enterprise Plus Edition.
- Even the sole use of the SSO agent requires possession of a full licence.
- On different PCs or end devices, there can be started a maximum of contemporaneous sessions as there are user licenses. Simultaneous use on different PCs or devices requires one session each.
The license count depends on the active sessions. This means, that a user can use a maximum of 2 licenses on one computer. The FullClient and/or the SSO agent require one license each. Here the addon in the server mode runs via WebClient. The addon combined with the SSO agent uses the license of the FullClients. If different clients are used at the same time, you may need two licenses.
|Client type||Client type||Used licenses|
|FullClient||+||Addon (SSO agent)||=||1 license|
|WebClient||+||Addon (server mode)||=||1 license|
|FullClient||+||Addon (server mode)||=||2 licenses|
If a user logs on to another computer, further sessions are established and thus further licenses are used.
Modules from version 7
In contrast to version 7, there are no longer any modules. Adapting the licensing per computer using modules was still possible in the previous version (No Client Licensing module). This is no longer necessary. All licensing processes are covered by the above-mentioned licensing model.