What is the offline client?
The offline client enables you to work without an active connection to the Password Safe server. If the corresponding setting has been , the local copy of the server database will be automatically synchronized according to freely definable cycles. This ensures that you can always use a (relatively) up-to-date version of the database offline.
- “Microsoft SqlServer Compact 4.0.8876.1” is used for creating offline databases
- The database is encrypted using AES-128 or SHA-256. A so-called “platform default” is used for this purpose
- In addition, RSA encryption processes are used
- More on this subject…::https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg592949(v=sql.110).aspx
The offline client is automatically installed together with the main client. No database profiles need to be created – this task is performed by the client during the initial synchronization, together with the creation of the offline database.
- There is no dashboard
- Only the password module is available
- The filter is not available. Records are found using the quick search
- The automatic login data entry can be performed via the SSO agent, independently of the offline client
What data is synchronised?
enhance the security concept in Password Safe to include a double-check principle that can be defined in fine detail. This means that releases for protected information are linked to the positive authentication of one or more users. Naturally, it is not possible to issue these releases when the server is not connected. For this reason, sealed records are not synchronized and thus do not form part of offline databases.
Otherwise, all records for which the user has the export right are synchronised.
Records with password masking are adopted into the offline database and can be used as normal.